accurate infor

Global Window Eye has made every effort to ensure that the content are accurate.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Happiness

Christmas is a season of receiving and giving. Happiness comes when we give out from our hearts. We have smiles on our faces when we receive gifts from our loved ones and friends but the greatest happiness is when we give to others. On the Christmas eve, there was the joy of just watching the children unwrapped their presents with excitements. Their faces were filled with trills and excitements what were installed for them. As I ponder about it, we should be like these children and let each day unfolds to us with surprises instead of wanting to know every bit of tomorrow.

On Christmas day I did the unexpected  by first visiting my uncle and wife, and another uncle. We had a warm and hearty lunch at an industrial area. Later we decided to visit our grand aunt. Its had been ages I last saw her, and to my sadness I discovered that she was down with glaucoma. It is a disease that affects the optic nerve and leads to blindness. She could not see me but recognized my voice. I took her gentle hands and allowed her to touch the structure of my face. We had light conversation and sat there for many hours. She sat there quietly with a serene face and one can observed that her ears were  attentive to all the chattering voices of her daughters, son-in law and relatives.

I felt happy within me because this is another form of giving a 'gift' to a lonely person where the window of her eyes are in total darkness.

You may like this: